Plant Room Refurbishment
Mechanical & Electrical installation services
Ford Mainwaring were awarded the Plant Room refurbishment at Burslem Police Station to carry out the replacement of the heating and hot water system.
This was an upgrade programme due to the life of the exiting plant & equipment; we were contracted to deliver a complete Design & Build Scheme for the project.
Our in-house M&E engineers completed the full installation and commissioning of each system including:
- Removal of all the existing plant which consisted of 4No. Clyde floor standing heating boilers, associated pipework, valves & pumps.
- Installation of 3No. Remeha Quinta Ace 90 condensing boilers & a new Megaflo indirect hot water cylinder. All three boilers were installed in a cascade arrangement and connected through a main flow and return header & low loss header, the flues terminate into a common flue header before a brand new flue liner which terminates externally.
- The CT & VT heating pumps were upgraded to a modern single phase equivalent, we altered all the existing three phase power supplies to suit the replacement pumps.
- We installed new 3 port valves & actuators on both the heating and hot water circuits to provide a greater level of control.
- For system maintenance we installed a commercial strainer, air & dirt separator and dosing pot which allows cleaning of the system pipework & allows chemical dosing in the future.
Related Case Studies
We’d love to chat with you.
Fill in the form below and someone will get in touch.