Overview: Replacement of heating, boilers, calorifiers and controls
Client: Keele University
Location: Keele Staffordshire
Duration: 4 months
Services: Mechanical services and controls
The University of Keele is a public research university which was founded in 1949. Nestled in the Staffordshire countryside, the university is one of the largest and prettiest campuses in the UK.
In total the university has over 2,800 bedrooms on site, which includes the Oaks Accommodation consisting of 181 rooms, with private bathrooms and kitchens. As an approved contractor for the university, we were directly awarded the scheme to replace the heating and boilers throughout the Oaks accommodation.
Having being instructed to complete the project during the university holidays before the students returned, we were on site for over a four month period, replacing all of the boilers, hot water calorifiers and controls, as well as an additional element to replace the flue systems.
The project was successfully completed and handed over prior to the students moving back into the halls of residence.
As part of the boiler replacement project we completed the following works:
- Full removal of services from the existing plant rooms.
- Builders work to make good the plant rooms before new works commence.
- Installation of new hot water calorifiers.
- Installation of heating system circulation pumps.
- Installation of new hot water pumps.
- Installation of new heating system pipework and valves.
- Installation of new water services pipework and valves.
- Modifications to gas pipework.
- Installation of new pressurisation units.
- Installation of new plate heat exchangers.
- Installation of new flue systems.
- Installation of HVAC Controls panels, loose controls and control wiring.
- Reprogramming of the BMS System.
- Replacement of pipework thermal insulation.
- Repainting of the plant room floor areas.
- Full commission and Client Demonstration of the new BMS System.
We’d love to chat with you.
Fill in the form below and someone will get in touch.